What is 2-1-1?
- PA 2-1-1 orginated as a collaboration between local United Ways and PA Information and Referral
- 2-1-1 is a free and confidential human services hotline
- 2-1-1 was first launched by United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta in 1997 and now reaches 246 million people in 49 states and the District of Columbia
What assistance can I receive?
Research has shown it takes an average of 7 phone calls before you will reach the correct human service office. PA 2-1-1 will help eliminate the problem. A portion of the services that they can assist with are:
- Basic Human needs resources
- Physical and mental health resources
- Employment support
- Support for older Americans and persons with disabilities
- Volunteer and charitable donation opportunities
How can I access PA 2-1-1?
PA 2-1-1 is a comprehensive database that includes information about health and human services. PA 2-1-1 can be accessed by phone or by web at www.pa211central.org
What agencies are involved in PA 2-1-1?
The Community Help Centre (CHC) in State College is the Call Center for the Central Region. CHC partners with three Call Center Partnering Agencies to process calls:
- CONTACT Altoona
- STEP, Inc.
- Union-Snyder Community Action Agency
Central Region includes the following counties: