Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community in Northumberland, Snyder and Union counties by addressing the root cause of social problems. Resources support innovative, preventative, or new programs using data to measure the success and long-term change related to the following six community-identified issues: Transportation, Quality Early Childhood Education, Diversity and Inclusion, Behavioral Health and Addiction, Financial Stability and Teens.
We strive to serve as a catalyst, leader and/or partner to develop long-term social change by engaging communities to address identified areas of impact.
Community Investment Strategies
Funded programs are those with which Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way chooses to have long-term association in carrying out our Focus On Results.
Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way Focus On Results (FOR) is an effort to address the root causes of problems in Northumberland, Snyder and Union Counties. Resources will support innovative, preventative or new programs that positively affect long-term changes and are focused on the following Priorities For Impact:
- Behavorial Health and Addiction and its effects on individuals, families and communities
- Financial Stability
- Need for positive social opportunities for all teens
- Accessibility to quality early childhood education
- Initiatives focused on diversity and inclusion of all residents in the Valley
This association is built on several important understandings:
- Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way values and gives priority to our communities identified needs
- The supported programs will support United Way's community impact strategy through alignment of their program outcomes with our current Priorities For Impact
- United Way and supported programs model our community's highest standards of accountability and business excellence
Our goals are ambitious, but with your help, and by utilizing our core strengths-a national network, committed partners and public engagement capacity-we can achieve them.